When you start to tackle the web3 metaverse you feel overwhelmed. Or at least that’s what I’ve felt the first time. I’m the kind of person that can’t YOLO dev, I need to understand what I’m doing, I need to understand what I’m using and how’s working in order to build something that is meaningful, even if it’s just a POC (proof of concept).
But experience comes in hand in situations like this, you can’t learn everything from the start otherwise you will get burned. Scaffold-eth is the perfect thing to start with, it has an experienced community behind it (come to the Telegram Group), it comes with a pre-configured workspace with everything that you need:
- Smart Contract
- A hella lot of example of real-life use case
It’s the perfect toolbox you need to start hacking with the blockchain and learn while you build projects.
Scaffold-eth provides an off-the-shelf stack for rapid prototyping on Ethereum, giving developers access to state-of-the-art tools to quickly learn and ship an Ethereum-based dApp.
Which tech stack do scaffold-eth use?
At the moment these are the tech stacks that it uses:
- Hardhat: an open-source project that allows you to run local networks, deploying and testing smart contracts.
- React for building a frontend, using many useful pre-made components and hooks
- Ant for your UI
- Surge for publishing your app.
Some useful links
What’s my end goal of this journey?
I’m the kind of person that loves to learn new technologies and master them. I love to create content, contribute to the community, and share my journey and knowledge.
With that in mind at the end of this journey I would like to accomplish these goals:
- Master scaffold-eth to create projects and deploy them on main-net
- Learn everything that I need to know about Solidity, ethersjs, hardhat and web3 development in general
- Add support to TypeScript to scaffold-eth (both on the react frontend and solidity/hardhat with TypeChain)
- Switch from React to NextJs for the frontend part
- Add support to deploy the react/nextjs app to Vercel
- Create a scaffold-eth-ui kit using TailwindCSS
- Create blog posts/videos that document this journey
- Brainstorm on blockchain concepts while learning them
Is it a lot of work? HELL YEAH! But go big or go home right?